Sunday, September 2, 2007

A day in Rouen

I spent a day in Rouen with my host parents, the pictures explain how beautiful it is... and this picture explains how good I am at speaking French so far! HAHA
It was a great day, and I enjoyed every minute of it. I am so lucky to live in such an amazing city.

A typical street in Rouen

Another beautiful street in Rouen..

The oldest restaurant in France!!!


The menu: La Couronne "the oldest inn (restaurant) in France" 1345


Another street.. I believe that's the side of the town hall on the right..

Inside the Joan of Arc Church

The baptism basin

Beautiful stained glass windows

The Church from outside, the circle of purple flowers is where Joan of Arc was burned at the stake.

Gros-Horloge (big clock)It only has one hand to mark the hour.

I thought this was adorable.. the man was also collecting money but it's still really cute!

Another veiw of the Gros Horloge.. there are actually two.. one on each side of the archway.

The Rouen Cathedral

The ceiling

Another veiw inside

This is a unique street in Rouen because you can see on the right there is a little river..

Abbataile Saint-Ouen (Saint Ouen's Abbey)

The inside

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Julia,

You look like you are having way too much fun!!!!

Scott, Sue and Megan Allen