If you follow this link, you should be able to veiw more pictures!
share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=0Ibsmbhq1bsXFA
Just copy paste the above address into a new window... if you have trouble just email me.
The past three days in France have been so amazing! My family is so nice, always helping me with my French, making me feel welcome, and doing lots of fun things with me.
I have to say the best part so far though is just being a part of the family! Lunch and dinner times are my favorite. Every day my host mother prepares a huge lunch at one o'clock. She rings the bell and all of us come downstairs to have lunch together as a family. I help make meals sometimes too with my sisters which is fun and interesting. Dinner is always good too, we eat at 7 or later every night. As you can see in the picture we had crepes for dinner!!! we put ham and cheese and other things in them.. and then for desert we put jelly and nutella and sugar on them! yummmy...
I also went to a light show in Rouen, they project Monet's paintings on the face of the Cathedral. It was so cool and so beautiful.
In the last two days I have been swimming twice. Once to a sports club that had three indoor pools and a water slide! and today we went to a friends house and swam in their pool. (the picture below)
I am having so much fun so far. My French however is not so good, but it gets better and easier every day.
Adelaide and I have a really good time talking back and fourth between broken english and french about the united states. I will miss her soooo much when she goes the the US, she is the coolest girl, and she has been an amazing sister. I think we would have been really close if she wasn't leaving in a week! She leaves one week from today! Her english is not bad at all, I know she's going to do really well, and I know she'll want to meet my family!
She is going to introduce me to one of her friends that goes to my school, "Lycee Rey".
I got to visit my school on Friday. It was really cool. It's an old school right in the center of the city of Rouen. I met the Principal and he was so nice! There will be three or four other exchange students going there! I also found out that I will have a shortened school day on Wednesdays, and I will have weekends off! (some students have to go to school saturday morning!)
I am having a great time so far!
No comments:
Post a Comment