Saturday, August 25, 2007

Getting there!



The plane ride over was both exciting and scary! I didn't know what to expect at all!!
Fourtunately, I was able to sit with my friend Katie on the long flight over the ocean!
When we finally arrived in France we had to wait about 40 minutes to get to customs. There were three international flights that came in at the same time, so it took us a while. It was funny thought because when we finally got to the window at customs, the man took a glance at our passports, said "bonjour", we said "bonjour" back and that was it!

This one girl said that she kept saying "hi" instead of "bonjour", and the customs officer just kept saying "bonjour" until she caught on, haha. this girl also claimed to be the validictorian of her class of 550 students?!?! LOL....what?!

After that we went to baggage claim where we waited an hour to get our bags! We were on our own, we hadn't met our families yet!!! But Katie and I kinda worked together, and we got our bags, and found carts to put them on.

Finallyyyyy, we exited the baggage claim area and found our families! My host mother and father, and a man from Rotary, were there to welcome me, and they were so nice!

I felt very welcome right off the bat. We got into the car and by that time I was so exhausted. My host mother said to me, "you look so tired Julia, please, if you want to sleep get some sleep" So I literally passed out for about an hour.

Then we got to the house and I met my host siblings, everyone except Paul-Etienne who is on a Scout trip i think??

But my sisters are so nice and so funny! It's really fun to be a part of the family so far!


No comments: